In short, a pink slip inspection report verifies your car is safe and ready for the road. It is required in New South Wales for your vehicle to be inspected, as a condition of registration renewal, if it is more than three years old. Recently pink slips have been renamed as “e-Safety Checks” which are sent to the RTA electronically.
This system has several key features:
- It is all handled electronically
- Information is inputted into a central data base from an authorized inspection outlet
- Outlets can be searched online
- New cars and light trucks are exempt from requiring e-Safety Checks for the first 5 years
- Easier than ever for customers to renew their rego